Compare wordpress and drupal or
Why are some people using WordPress rather than Drupal?
Although WordPress doesn’t excel the sophisticated features offered by Drupal, it is lauded by gigantic users and preferred moreover Drupal.
Undoubtedly, CMS has made web development and content management a lot easier and effective. Numerous web development tools are available out there that facilitate individuals to maintain their online presence with a flair. The best thing about them is that they also empower people without any tech knowledge to handle their website.
While comparing the different content management systems, especially WordPress and Drupal, it can be observed that WordPress is often considered as a viable choice. Despite Drupal features a superior architecture and API design, and offers great ease to manage complex websites, WordPress makes a much sought after choice.
The big question here is that instead of the fact that both Drupal and WordPress offer a stable and easy-to-use interface, why the majority of websites running on a CMS are WordPress powered?
Before exploring the major differences between the two platforms, let’s first have a look into the similarities offered by Drupal and WordPress.
Features that are offered by both WordPress and Drupal
There are truckloads of CMS available that offer amazing features and functionalities. However, there are a few features they have in common. Here are a few of the similarities between Drupal and WP.
- Open Source Nature: Both the platforms are open source and available for free. Once the platforms are installed on your system, they offer a list of plugins (including free and premium) that can be used for integrating the desired functionalities.
- Community Support: There is a huge community support with Drupal as well as WordPress that can guide and help resolve issues to allow you to efficiently handle the platforms.
- Intuitive Interface: With a similar interface, most of the CMS, including Drupal and WP, delivers a great UX.
- Design Agnostic: The significance of responsive design in this mobile age is not hidden from anyone. And, the good news is that both the platforms exhibit basic responsive themes that can augment the overall development time.
Features that differentiate WordPress from Drupal
To help you streamline your choice for the best CMS and determine why WP is the much sought after choice, let’s distill the differences between the two platforms by focusing over the key aspects of users.
- User Friendly: Although Drupal has a sharp learning curve, it is can be used conveniently once all its basics are learned. WordPress is designed to leverage beginners, whereas, Drupal is intended for experienced professionals. The WYSIWYG content editor that is available in WP (but, not in Drupal) allows users to write, edit and publish content with a breeze.
- Rich feature set of WordPress: Like many other CMS, WP facilitates users to handle every function of their website right from the WP Dashboard. Moreover, most of the resourceful tools can be used upon downloading. Whether it is search engine optimization or monetization, you can easily implement the requisite features by simply downloading the appropriate tools.
- Offered plugins and themes: On comparing the repositories of these CMS, it can be observed that WP offers a whopping number of plugins and themes. The overwhelming list of options offered by WP certainly makes the platform a viable choice.
- Remarkable Flexibility: WP platform supports the development of simplistic designs, which allows users to proficiently develop portfolios, e-stores, blogs or any kind of website to boos their business values. For creating a desired site, one just need to install the suitable plugins and use a prolific theme that can benefit him.
- Support for multiple Authors: Undoubtedly, WordPress makes the best choice for running a website with multiple author support. This is because the platform is specifically designed and developed as a blogging tool, and it is a great CMS for accommodating all the needs of a blogging website.
Final Thought in Compare WordPress and drupal
There are several approaches available to create a desired web presence. If you possess programming skills, you can start from scratch and code everything yourself. Or, you can also hire some expert developer who has expertise in developing valuable websites with a great precision. Another alternative is to seek a best suitable web design and amend it to make it appropriate for your business. The latter approach is considered as the most effective and it helps rapidly create a website.
Since, WP is the core blogging platform that has eventually evolved as a riveting web development tool, it offers greater usability than Drupal. Unlike Drupal, it is simple to operate and develop a web solution on WP, and for this reason it is the most preferred choice for rookie. The superior features and utile advantages of this platform has helped it garner a great popularity across the globe.
It can’t be gainsaid that Drupal is not an efficient CMS, it offers excellent features and is great for running big enterprise solutions. However, more learning and guidance is required to get started with this platform.